Friday, September 12, 2008

38 weeks, 1 day

Today was my last day at H&H before I start my maternity leave. Still feels surreal to know that I very likely will not be back there for three months or more - depending if I want to go back mid-December or just wait until the new year. So hard to get to a place where I felt comfortable walking away as I have had such a huge growth period during my time there. I feel like I was a hayseed when I walked in there the first day and leaving now, well, I feel really great about my skills, my relationships with most of my co-workers and my room for future growth. In a way, I'm already looking forward to going back! I just think that 2008 has brought us so many blessings: Meyer's talking progress, a great new place to live, a new baby girl and this new job that makes me feel good about myself. Yay!!!

Anyway, back to the baby matter - we are getting close! I was so sure that this morning she was going to come all on her own. I had a couple incredibly painful contractions and then had hours of 5-6 minute apart mild contractions. I finally called the doctor who said I could go to work and see how things went or go right to the hospital. I decided to go to work (yeah, I'm a bit compulsive that way) and I don't know if it was because I was focusing on other things or what but the contractions seemed to stop after an hour or two. They started back up right after work but, as I write this, seem to have died down again.

I may be induced next week depending on how my glucose tolerance test from Thursday went (can't get my Dr. to call me back...grrr!) which would be great. I'm really big and everything is just hard to do anymore. Plus - now that I'm on maternity leave I want to meet this little one so bad. Her room is ready, her brother is ready, we are in general ready for her to come and so excited! I would really love to go into laboor on my own but it seems like when I actively try to start things up that's when the contractions stop. For instance, we went on a long walk this evening and I think I have had one contraction since...hmmmm...weird. Maybe I'l just sit around and do nothing and see ifr that helps. Hee hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home