Tuesday, July 29, 2008

31w 3d

I cannot believe July is over! Less than two months to go until my "official" due date and, if she comes when Meyer did about 2 weeks early, well that would mean that baby girl's arrival is about six weeks away. Ack! So much to do still - both at home and at work. Drew and I were talking about how close it is all getting and reminiscing about how we (well, mostly Drew, as I had bad baby fever!) were a bit scared to do this the second time around. I believe we even talked about how it was nice that with Meyer getting a bit older it felt like we were sort of getting our "selves" back and did we want to dive into another baby?

But then Drew said the sweetest thing...he said that he feels like now "we are missing somebody." That until the baby comes we are not a complete family yet. I think we are both just very excited to see what this new chapter brings for us and I'm pretty sure he is really excited for me not to be pregnant any more. I do feel like I'm coping with this pregnancy a lot better than with Meyer - but it is damn hot and I'm definitely starting to just feel big and awkward and gross. I'm sure I'm too demanding of Drew and I feel like I don't play with Meyer enough and I'm always tired but I have been having trouble sleeping so, yeah, I'm handling it great, don't you think?

We decided on our name yesterday! But I'm going to keep it under wraps for now just in case. Let's just say it does not involve mexican food and/or leafy greens.

Meyer is having his last speech therapy appointment with Marla on Thursday!!!! I'm taking the day off of work. Marla is going to have sort of a farewell party for him and then we are going to take Meyer to Pirate's Cove, a water park, to celebrate! Hard to believe it was just about 6 months ago that his therapy started and how concerned I was since he was basically not speaking at all! Now he is a chatter box and says things that I didn't even know he grasped. Definitely getting to the point where I have to watch what I say around him if I don't want it repeated!

My cousin, Katie, is getting married August 31st in Seattle. I'm so bummed that I won't be able to go but it is just way too close to my due date. We got the invitation yesterday and it is so pretty - black and pink - all engraved and just very well done. I'm sure it is going to be a beautiful event. We haven't been as close the past several years but we used to be very tight and I'm excited for her to start her new life!!! Wow, in a little under three years five of my six cousins (including myself) have gotten married. And the the last one is very close. Where did all us silly kids go?

My big concern right now is my upcoming 32 week appointment on Friday. This is about the time with Meyer that my BP started to go to hell and I was constantly being sent to the hospital for observation. I'm just really hoping everything stays status quo for as long as possible as I just can't be off work for so long before the baby even comes this time. We will see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home