Tuesday, July 22, 2008

And What a Long Time it has Been...

I am literally a year overdue posting on this blog. But, no worries, not much has happened. Drew started back to work, I began a new job, we moved, Meyer is very, very two and...oh yeah...biggest of all...we are expecting a baby girl on September 28th!!!! (Name still to be determined.) I actually logged on to check out some timeline questions I had as I couldn't remember exactly when my blood pressure started to go down the tubes with Meyer. Looks like it was right at about the same point I am now - between 30 and 32 weeks. Thankfully my BP was actually down at my last appointment so here is hoping it stays that way! I really can't go on bed rest again this time so I'm hoping everything stays good.

Actually, going back and reading over my pregnancy posts from Meyer I feel quite guilty that I have not been as prolific with this one. Reading about all the anticipation I had with Meyer makes me nostalgic for those days although I'm feeling very similar with little one. What will it be like to have a little girl? How will Meyer react to the new baby? Can I deal with a newborn again and the lack of sleep? There is something about having been through this before that makes the experience both a lot easier and a lot scarier - you know just what exactly you are really in for!

Well, in an attempt to make up for lost time I'm going to roughly outline the timeline of this pregnancy so far (as best as I can remember). Sorry daughter!

October 2007 - Drew and I decide we are ready to try for #2 and I have my IUD removed. I start keeping a calendar of my cycle.

November 2007 - I'm keeping an eye on my "cycle" but everything is pretty whacked out from my IUD.

December 2007 - I think this is going to be the month! I'm meticulous about tracking my cycle symptoms and I'm sure that we did what we needed to do when we did it. Unfortunately, I take my pg test that month (right around Christmas) and nothing. I'm really upset (seems so silly now) because for some reason I've always had this fear about secondary infertility. I guess because with Meyer we weren't really trying and I don't know why it happened when it did so I thought that getting pregnant the second time would be really hard.

January 2008 - I start the interviewing process at the firm I end up moving to. I'm thrilled with the possible career change but I'm also in full on baby fever mode. I slack off some on the symptom tracking but still end up coaxing Drew into DTD right around when I estimate we should. January 25th I find out that I got the new job!!! Yay!!! January 26th I find out I'm pregnant!!!! Yay!!! But..uh oh...starting a new job and immediately dropping the P-bomb seems like a bad idea. Should I stay at my old position where I'm comfortable? What if I have really bad morning sickness again? What if the new job fires me once I tell them? It doesn't help that leaving my old job is heart-rending, so many people I respect and my dear friends. However, this is my chance to move up to the big leagues and, thankfully, I take some very wise advice and go for the new job.

February 2008 - Start the new job. Morning sickness is really not that bad - could it be a girl? Drew, Meyer and I go to my first doctor appointment and get to see the heart beating on the ultrasound.

March 2008 - Not much new, although starting to feel like I need to tell my job. I end up telling my secretary who wants me to keep it quiet until my 90 day probation is over which get me a little worried.

April 2008 - Papa passes away at the beginning of the month and I fly out to Auburn for the service. Drew is supposed to come with me but he has developed incredibly bad headaches (later diagnosed as 'cluster headaches') which are debilitating him nearly every night. We end up in the emergency room once and he is prescribed a whole host of medications to combat the pain. Things are looking bleak and I'm a bit at my wits end by this point. To top it all off we HAVE to move out of the Krameria house by the end of April as we told the landlord we would be gone so he has already rented it. But...small problem we don't have anywhere to move to yet. (BTW - cluster headaches are caused by stress, wonder what could be triggering Drew's headaches????) The day I get back from California Drew has a place for us to go look at. It's in Platt Park, a neighborhood I've always wanted to live in, and it's great! And relatively cheap! We pounce on it. Finally, at least that part is taken care of. I also tell work toward the end of April that I'm pregnant and, to my pleasant surprise, they are happy for me and I will be able to take a few months for leave. Okay, things are starting to look up. The #1 benefit of moving into the new house - Meyer miraculously decides to once and for all start sleeping through the night. It's bliss.

May 2008 - Lindsey gets married on May 3rd and Meyer is the ring-bearer. Very cute. Meyer has now given up the bottle 100%. I'm definitely starting to get bigger as the pictures from Mother's Day show. Drew starts working at his new job part-time and really enjoys getting back to the grind (and still spending at least two full days a week with Meyer). Just before May 16th we have a bit of a scare and end up going to the hospital to check out some spotting. Everything is fine but good to check. On May 16th we find out that we are having a girl and get to see her on the ultrasound. Adorable!

June 2008 - Just continuing to work and raise Meyer. Where did that month go? She really starts to move and I get lots of kicks and swipes every day. So much fun - love this part of being pregnant. The heart burn and swelling starts a bit too.

July 2008 - Go to the land for the 4th of July and Meyer really enjoys his time there. Loves to climb rocks and swing in the hammock. I find camping life a bit harder with the big belly but also enjoy getting out of the city. I fail my 1hr. GD test and have to take the 3hr. I pass but end up getting a huge bruise from the repeated blood draws. We transform Meyer's bed into the toddler mode and paint the nursery (lavendar). Starting to get close!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home