Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Big Sigh of Relief

We are finally done moving! We brought over the last load yesterday even though we've had the keys to our new place for almost a month now and had our big move over a week ago. Hey...what can I say...everything is harder with a baby. The move itself was hell. (Although BEEEG thanks to Jason, Tom, Ben W. and Anthony for lots and lots of help). But it's over, we are all feeling better from the colds we ended up getting, the furniture rearranging has been completed and we are settling in well.

Meyer is so good and so amazingly huge. We weighed him today and it appears he weighs 16 lbs! Of course, I have a very incredulous relationship with our scale (oh no way do I weigh THAT much!) so I don't know if I trust it. But he could weigh 16 lbs. Maybe the scale is more accurate on the lower end!

He smiles so much now. I remember that at his two month check up his smiles were just beginning. We would get a few in the mornings when he first woke up. But now...all the time. He's also starting to "talk" to us. We have long conversations of "ooo," "eh" and "owww." Today Drew swears he got him to say "eh" repeatedly but I was conveniently doing the laundry when this happened. Hmmm? Before you know it Drew will be trying to convince me he said "Daddy."

And finally, Drew is quitting his job today. Come the beginning of August Drew will be staying home and I'm back to work. It will be an interesting transition as I wasn't sure until last week that I would actually go back to work so I'm having to gear up for my return to the work force and leaving my sweet boy for 8 hours every day. It's going to be hard but I think it is the best thing for our little family right now. :-)

2 Comments:

At July 12, 2006 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 12, 2006 7:01 PM, Blogger sarcasmus said...

Yah! Pictures! Gamsa Hamnida! Excitement go now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home